[fpc-devel] Free Pascal problem

Chris Handley chandley at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 13 05:21:22 CET 2008

Hi,

My old Code Warrior pascal is no longer compatible with MAC OS 10.5 :-
(. I have installed free pascal, but it failed :-(.

Here is the code:

program test (input, output);

begin
writeln('Note that for the time being, this will have to be compiled
using free pascal');
end.

Here is the output:

******************************
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.1 [2007/10/30] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2007 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Darwin for i386
Compiling HelloWorld.p
Assembling test
Linking HelloWorld
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib//libc.dylib unknown flags (type) of section 6
(__TEXT,__dof_plockstat) in load command 0
Error: Error while linking
Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you
did not specify a source file to be compiled)
********************************

What did I do wrong? I suspect that it is something trivial.

=
=
=
=
Dr Chris Handley                                     chandley at cs.otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                             Ph     (+64)
3-479-8499
University of Otago                                  Fax    (+64)
3-479-8529
PO Box 56, Dunedin, 9054
New Zealand
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If
we're
looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for
drugs,
we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
-P.J. O'Rourke, writer (1947- )