[fpc-devel] GetAppConfigFile implementation

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:28:18 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 21:48, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> I specially chose local because I don't want it to be roaming data.

This is actually a (minor) problem sometimes -- e.g. students at unversity
where I work have roaming profiles so the could log in and work prom
any PC in the domain.
With config in local appdata, they are forced to re-configure IDE on
each session.

As a related note, I have more serious problem with Lazarus config: on my PC
(Windows XP SP2 Russian) Larazus insists on saving it in "C:\Documents",
although APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\ask\Application Data
Apparently, it chokes on long names with spaces.

--
Alexander S. Klenin