[fpc-devel] strict private

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Sat Dec 6 13:48:42 CET 2008

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> IMHO strict private has nothing to do with strictness, except for the first
> word. It has to do with micromanaging visibility, something I do not agree
> with, not in the least because the exact use is highly a matter of taste.
>
> I would prefer to keep it far from FPC codebases.

Do you mean you agree with the design flaw in the original object pascal
specification from Borland? Plz explain...
IIRC even Anders admitted that simply separating interface from
implementation was based on only partial knowledge of the OO paradime
and has corrected that oversight in C#.
IMHO "strict" is a good thing and by design, albeit not implemented soon
enough in history. Unlimited visibility in the implementation section
makes for unreliable programming and therefore should be considered a
bug if not a potential lethal and stealthy source for those insects.