[fpc-devel] Unicode and UTF8String

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Dec 2 11:18:07 CET 2008

>> If just ignoring the fact is enough support, OK, it's supported :).
>>

> What FUD is this? Pleaes give an example where the FPC compiler doesn't
> handle multi byte ansistrings properly.

Sorry for bad language :( !  I did not mean to be aggressive.  (Did you
see the smile indicator ?)

I did not suggest it handles this wrong in any way, but I just don't see
in what way there might be any explicit compiler support for multi-byte
ANSI. (You did mention the RTL function provided.)

I understand that there never has been a discussion on if there should
be any explicit compiler support for multi-byte ANSI, but this thread
_is_ a discussion on explicit compiler support for Unicode.

-Michael