[fpc-devel] TCustomApplication's parent class?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 12:13:20 CEST 2008

2008/4/26 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

>  And don't forget the second feature. Via FreeNotification Application
>  is notified, when a component is freed.

I'll have to read more about this subject to fully understand it.
I accomplish the same thing (I think) with fpGUI forms at the moment.
When the forms are told to be destroyed (CloseAction = caFree), they
post a message to the Application object, which removes them from the
internal TList in Application and free and nullifies them.  For
obvious reasons, the Form can't free and nullify itself (if you try,
you get lovely runtime errors). :)

I did all this to fully support 'modeless' forms in fpGUI and creating
instances of forms via Application.CreateForm().

Regards,
 - Graeme -