[fpc-devel] Re: Exception handler under Go32V2 and NT-system

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Apr 23 03:15:45 CEST 2008

On Tue, April 22, 2008 22:12, borsa77 at libero.it wrote:

Hi Marco,

> I compiled FPC-GO32V2 on my system with the previous modification,
> actually I have a WinME box which surprisiling is considered to have a NT-
> core. In fact the activated protected mode handler requires a more
> strictly
> compliance among the calls on the stack, you need to add the cdecl
> statement to the functions mcount_tick, timer in the profile.pp file and
> to the
> function nofpsig in the emu387.pp file.
> Otherwise call to the dpmi_set_coprocessor_emulation function is safe
> because the parameter is always explicitly passed.

I'm sorry, but I'm not clear about the conclusion of all of this. If you
aim to have something changed in the GO32v2 code, I'd need a clear
reproducible scenario of what doesn't work before the proposed change and
gets fixed by the proposed change, or comprehensible clarification why the
current code is wrong and your proposed version is not (taking into
account that the person who wrote the code probably won't be able to
comment on this, so your clarification must be comprehensible even to
somebody who doesn't know the particular code at all).

Tomas