Optimization strategies in IDE (Was: Re: [fpc-devel] symify.ppbroken)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Apr 18 20:41:01 CEST 2008

On 18 Apr 2008, at 20:27, Robert Riebisch wrote:

> Sure, but that's seems to be only true for FPC <= 2.2.x. FPC 2.3.1
> doesn't list "-OG" anymore, but "-Os" only: "Optimize for size rather
> than speed".

Ah, I think Peter removed -OG. So now no -Os means "optimize for
speed". There is no way anymore to turn off -Os after it's been turned
on though, short of -O- (which completely resets all optimizer
settings).

So turning -Os into a checkbox in the IDE should be ok (which you did
in your patch as far as I understand).

Jonas