[fpc-devel] Fixes of FPC version 2.2.0

Lee, John john.lee at logica.com
Tue Apr 15 16:02:38 CEST 2008

There are checks in script (eg that there are no make errors or zip
errors) to ensure that only 'good' snapshots are uploaded, but guess
they don't work 100% eg if there is a network funny, or PC crash or
something else odd during the upload - I use pscp & check its error
code.

Let me know if this happens too often & I'll try to improve checks
/check that checks are working...

John
--------------
On Mon, April 14, 2008 23:10, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On Mon, April 14, 2008 16:04, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> On 12 Apr 2008, at 20:06, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>>> don't know what's up with the Windows snapshots. The 2.3.1 one
>>> hasn't been updated at all in ages,
>>
>> Actually, it seems this has been fixed in the mean time and they are
>> being updated again.
>
> Well, I can't check the FTP site right now, but last night (as of
Seattle)
> there was a fresh ZIP file named as 2.3.1 snapshot for Win32 from
John's
> machine, but it only contained a readme.rev file (but a freshly
generated
> one ;-) ).
 .
 .

I checked it now and there's indeed a complete snapshot generated from
John's machine now. It might be still worth having a look at error
checking in scripts used for snapshot building and uploading to make
sure
proper snapshots cannot get overwritten with an incomplete ZIP file (as
it
obviously happened there, not sure why).

Tomas

fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org