[fpc-devel] Re: can't install binary FPC 2.2 under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:18:29 CEST 2007

On 13/09/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Hehe,
>
> the architecture detection went wrong again. Check what 'arch' gives
> on your system, and compare with the values in the setup script...
>
> Michael.

On my system 'arch' returns:  i686

No idea what the install.sh script was looking for. I guess i386?
Just to make sure I wasn't going bonkers or blind, I double checked on
SourceForge and there isn't a i686 download available. :-)

I have manually unpacked all the .tar.gz files and my FPC seems to
work - so there doesn't seem to be a issue with the binary content,
just the install.sh script. Though it still doesn't solve the binary
install issue others might experience as well.

Graeme.