[fpc-devel] Beta Dos testers for 2.2.0a wanted

Robert Riebisch rr at bttr-software.de
Tue Oct 2 12:41:19 CEST 2007

Pierre Muller wrote:

>   There are several reasons for this, but
> I am started a small branch that tries to
> get the minimal changes to get a usable Dos
> release.

Sounds great! My pre-releases (w/o no-LFN fix) are at
<http://www.bttr-software.de/misc/fpc/>.

>   The other more subtle problem seems to be related to
> problems in the IDE while debugging when compiling with
> optimizations set to -O2.

Please explain these problems!

>  Another problem was that the install.dat file,
> used by the installer, was out of sync with the current
> sources at release date. As this file is only used for

I didn't noticed that before albeit I used the installer several times.
What was wrong?

>   I uploaded to ftp.freepascal.org
> under ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.2.0a/go32v2
> separate zip files, with install.exe and install.dat
> files.

I get "Permission denied". :-(

>   I would like to get feedback on the stability of the
> IDE (especially while debugging executables).

IIRC I got "internal error 291" (or 219) every time, when I set a
breakpoint in a unit and started the main program.

>   If people are willing to help, it would be great to have
> persons that would try to do a complete rebuilding
> of the beta dist of their Dos system. Beware that you will need
> quite a lot of free disk space for that...

I could to that.

Robert Riebisch
--
BTTR Software