[fpc-devel] {$Interfaces Corba} and TInterfacedObject

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:21:53 CET 2007

On 30/11/2007, Martin Schreiber <fpmse at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> tnullinterfacedobject is needed in MSEgui for Delphi compatibility because
> Delphi has no corba style interfaces.

So basically you want to use interfaces without reference counting.
What other benefits did you see to make you decide to use Corba
interfaces instead of COM interfaces?  Why Corba over COM style?  It
seems to me the COM interface implementation in FPC is a lot more
stable and with more working features.

I'm interested in interfaces, but not interested in reference
counting. So I will rather use COM interfaces for now and
TNonRefCountingObject (same as TNullInterfacedObject) as my base class
to get interface support.  I gather that's how MSEgui works under
Delphi? Why didn't you do the same under FPC?

> I think tobject.getinterface should work with corba interfaces too:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=6036

It doesn't look like that is going to be fixed any time soon. It was
reported in 2005-06-14 and still hasn't even been acknowledged!

Regards,
  - Graeme -