[fpc-devel] multiply resource files bug (commit 7515)

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Thu May 31 13:13:49 CEST 2007

Yury Sidorov schreef:
> From: "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael at freepascal.org>
>> On Wed, 30 May 2007, Yury Sidorov wrote:
>> > From: "Павел Ишенин" <webpirat at mail.ru>

>> lazarus bug
>> > than one

>> > fix into
>> lazarus (xp
>> >
>> > I would like to see this fix in 2.2 as well.
>> > What other core developers think about it?
>>
>> The answer is the same as for Graeme's request to merge some fpcunit
>> fixes:
>> Normally not, and since it's a rather big change which can have some as
>> yet unknown side-effects, I'd say this one is even less likely.
>
> I dont surprised with the answer :) The bugfix is really changes a lot
> of code.
> Let's wait for 2.2.2.
>
> Yury.

I might have encountered one of the side-effects.

I compiled Lazarus with some components (rxnew for example), and windres used 470 MB
Virtual memory in the task manager. After a while I got this message:
Compiling resource ..\units\i386-win32\fpc-res.res
D:\FPC\2.0.2\bin\i386-Win32\windres.exe: D:\FPC\2.0.2\bin\i386-Win32\windres.exe
: ..\units\i386-win32\fpc-res.res: unexpected end of file
Error: Error while linking

Vincent