[fpc-devel] Cleaning of Dos unit

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Mar 11 22:09:54 CET 2007

On 10 Mar 07, at 20:00, borsa77 at libero.it wrote:

Hi Marco,

> Hi, I wrote a patch that makes some clean of the unit Dos.pp
> of the Go32v2 version of the FPC 2.0.5. It corrects two
> buffer exceeding in a string check and conversion. For better understanding in further developement only.

I applied your patch in trunk, hoping that you
hadn't overlooked something. ;-) In general, I'm
not sure if this kind of saving 1 byte
dynamically allocated on stack is really worth
the risk of possibly breaking something, because
the 1 byte might have been still needed in some
special case after all (admittedly, I couldn't
find why this should happen, which is the reason
why I applied the patch)...

Tomas