[fpc-devel] language extensions

Neil Graham Lerc at Screamingduck.com
Thu Jun 14 01:37:03 CEST 2007

Daniƫl Mantione wrote:
> Andreas uses a preprocessor to convert the language extensions into Delphi
> compatible code. This is a remarkable achievement, but I don't see much
> value for this approach for Free Pascal; since we have the source code, we
> could implement the features directly.

I think it's good to do things like this as a preprocessor(when
possible) initially.  It means ideas can be
tried out more easily and given a test run before attacking the compiler.

I guess it could be done in the compiler if someone made a plugin
mechanism for fpc.
I ain't volunteering for _that_ job :-)