[fpc-devel] Nasm under FPC

borsa77 at libero.it borsa77 at libero.it
Wed Jun 13 13:09:52 CEST 2007

I reapplyied the old patch for the ag386nsm.pas file (bug id 7210: which
fixes the output of the strings) to the trunk branch, you can find it in
attachement. I tested it under Go32v2 with the following code before and
after its application, using the command line <fpc -Anasmcoff world.pas>:

program world;
begin
writeln('Hello, world!');
end.

These are the issues:
1) substitution of the .rodata with the .data section;
2) avoiding of a double assignement of the LastSecType in the ait_section:;
3) correction of the #0 character - with the db reserve operator, and placing
of the string in a single line;
4) insert of the global key for the label of the string for the r/o section;
Regards, Marco Borsari.