[fpc-devel] makeskel can't create output path

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:36:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

Is it by design that 'makeskel' can't create a output path if it
doesn't already exist?  Wouldn't that be a handy feature?

> makeskel --package=CoreLib --output=xml/core/gfx_utils.xml --input='-Fi../src/corelib ../src/corelib/x11/gfx_utils.pas'

Example output error:
MakeSkel - FPDoc skeleton XML description file generator
Version 2.1.3 [2007/03/24]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

An unhandled exception occurred at $08049846 :
EInOutError : File not found
  $08049846

The above error is caused due to the 'xml/core' directory not
existing.  If it's by design, could we not maybe add a better error
messages than 'An unhandled exception occurred...'

Regards,
  - Graeme -