[fpc-devel] Re: makeskel fails to parse file

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:06:41 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I found the problem using a process of elimination and found the the
IFDEF LINUX define causes "makeskel" to crash.  Luckily I don't need
the Kylix ifdef's anymore, so was able to remove it and continue
working with makeskel.

Still not sure what in the IFDEF LINUX caused the problem though...
Does makeskel and FPC support the "If Declared(...)" syntax?

----------  CUT  ----------------
//Delphi 6 & Kylix 1-3
{$IFDEF VER140}
  {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
    {$DEFINE DELPHI5ORABOVE}
    {$DEFINE DELPHI6ORABOVE}
    {$DEFINE DELPHI6}
  {$ENDIF MSWINDOWS}
  {$IFDEF LINUX}
    // Kylix is compatible with Delphi 6, so we include them here as well.
    // Might change this later.
    {$DEFINE DELPHI5ORABOVE}
    {$DEFINE DELPHI6ORABOVE}
    {$DEFINE DELPHI6}
    {$IFDEF CONDITIONALEXPRESSIONS}
      {$IFDEF CompilerVersion}
         // Important:  Don't use CompilerVersion here as
         // $IF's are evaluated before $IFDEF's
         // and Kylix 1 does not have CompilerVersion defined at all.
         {$IF Declared(RTLVersion) and (RTLVersion = 14.20)}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX2}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX1ORABOVE}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX2ORABOVE}
         {$IFEND}
         {$IF Declared(RTLVersion) and (RTLVersion = 14.50)}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX3}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX1ORABOVE}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX2ORABOVE}
           {$DEFINE KYLIX3ORABOVE}
         {$IFEND}
      {$ELSE}
         //CompilerVersion is not defined under Kylix 1
         {$DEFINE KYLIX1}
         {$DEFINE KYLIX1ORABOVE}
      {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}