[fpc-devel] Non-blocking sockets on Mac OS X

Robert Reimiller certgrps at certsoft.com
Fri Sep 8 21:44:56 CEST 2006

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:21:51 -0000, Jonas Maebe
<jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> FPC's *nix interface is pretty much entirely based on Posix, only
> with a few naming conventions:
>
> * all Posix functions are prefixed with fp (to avoid naming clashes
> between e.g. Pascal's close and Posix' close)
> * the things Marco mentioned

In quite a few cases "var" parameters are used instead of pointers, that's
the
other major difference I found when porting from delphi. Maybe those were
in the
socket functions. I remember stuff like getsockopt in winsock that used
pointers
where in fp it used getsocketoptions and var parameters.