[fpc-devel] Suggestion for change: Overly strict check

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:19:35 CEST 2006

> Ales, there is _no_ confusion here.

Oh believe me there is. Especialy if you're writing just some little
overriden method in a class which doesn't even have "property" visible
anymore. You don't think about it and bang, error and a very neatly
hidden one at that.

It's not that I don't know what the assignments mean, it's that when you
write code in haste (and 99% of the time you do, unless you write new
original stuff) you don't think much about it and sometimes do these
things.

I'd atleast like to have warning or at minimum hints point these things
out.