[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTimebefore30/12/1899

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 23 20:30:58 CEST 2006

> On 5/23/06, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz> wrote:
> > believe this may happen for other targets too - if you have a misbehaving
> > RTL routine that overwrites half of your heap, you'll probably end up in
> > the whole program crashing (i.e. if all the tests are run in one process,
> > some of the tests will never be started).
>
> In such a case, slap the developer that commited broken code!  :)

1) he might not be on the same continent/timezone
2) he might be busy with Real Life(tm)
3) he might not being able to duplicate it using your particular platform
4) a discussion might spin-off on some maillist how this should be fixed.

All of this time, the crash is blocking getting useful results from the
testsuite.

> This process works for our company and we love to slap developers that
> break the nightly build!!;-)

I hope that above points make clear that an OSS project is not a company.