[fpc-devel] " crt garbles writeln() output " feedback: other problems; not crt specific; command line parameters

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue May 23 16:27:07 CEST 2006

-----------
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:27:07 +0400

The bug was closed during weekend.

This is somewhat lengthy and special feedback.

(It concerned the behavior of writeln() with symbols from the upper half of the 8 bit character table. Those symbols were output as question marks.)
By the way, as I get it, some string conversions are performed only on the lower 128 symbols too (widestring->common string).

This bug is solved.

However (as Maxim Ganetsky, who invented the patch, noted) the windows console is a mess.

There still is a not very nice problem.

I describe it below for fpc 2.1.x, win32, winxpsp2, codepages cp-1251 and cp-866 (both are russian, i.e. cyrillic). I'm sure, there are other non-english character sets, suffering from this inconveniency. I don't think that unices are featureless in this aspect too.

In console mode (I use Far manager) real character set dep