[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTime before 30/12/1899

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 23 13:33:59 CEST 2006

> I relocated the db connection code to a test decorator (part of
> fpcUnit and took 15 lines of code to implement) and now it creates a
> single connection for the lifetime of all tests in that TestSuite.
> Time to run those 27 test are now 1.9 seconds!
>
> I can't see how something like this is possible with the way the fpc
> team does testing.

This already happens. The output of all tests is collected by a collector
(dotest) program, and is then optionally submitted to a db.

This because one can't require a db connection because the testsuite must
also run on embedded targets.

Note that this infrastructure has to persist anyway for all tests that
somehow have a global effect on the program (so that you can't combine
multiple ones in a program), or even fail to compile/start.