[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTime before 30/12/1899

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:12:25 CEST 2006

On 5/22/06, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> We use the simple approach with halt because using the fpcunit for basic tests
> would require that OOP works always but it could be easily broken and thus all
> tests would fail. So we designed the test suite in a way which keeps
> prerequisits as low as possible.

That's fair enough.  I guess compiler development is a sensitive case
and a low prerequisit is very important.
Using you example though that would mean you will get a very visible
indication that a major screw-up did occur on the last svn commit, and
fpcUnit would still have done it's job.

What we do [ and no we don't develop compilers  :)  ] in our
organization is that before anybody is allowed to commit changes, they
need to run the set of unit tests (and yes our unit test must run
quickly - a few minutes < 10 max).  Currently it takes just over
2minutes to complete our 1500+ test suite.  A unit test is everything
inside the procedure TTestTIUtils.tiDateTimeAsIntlDateDisp method
mentioned earlier, so it is a lot of tests.

Regards,
  Graeme .

There's no place like 127.0.0.1