[fpc-devel] FreeBSD/kqueue

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jan 31 18:45:37 CET 2006

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Ales Katona wrote:
>
> > These files add kqueue to the FreeBSD rtl. the new "FreeBSD.pas" file will
> > need to be put in rtl/freebsd dir. I think the kqueue.inc files should be in
> > common BSD dir as 3 out of 4 major bsds (darwin being one) now support it.
> > demo-kqueue1.pas is a simple process watching example.

(4 out of 4 now it seems. There are some version requirements though, but
they are relatively mild)

> > P.S: the 2 syscall numbers should be added to freeBSD syscalls
>
> Marco, should this not be added to packages ?

It is all syscall stuff etc. (though I'll try to add FPC_USE_LIBC support
before committing). It belongs in an "outer" rtl package, but there is no
such thing.

Maybe we should finalize our plans for the tree structure and buildtools
first, before starting to move stuff out of the RTL. (this being equivalent
to the linux unit that IS in the rtl).