[fpc-devel] using sockets on linux and win32

Stefan Kisdaroczi kisda at hispeed.ch
Thu Jan 26 18:50:00 CET 2006

Hi,

im trying to use sockets in a unit which should work on linux and win32.

I use the sockets unit, but for things like SOL_SOCKET, TTimeval (for setsockopt), SO_RCVTIMEO, fpgeterrno
I finally had to use unix,unixtype,baseunix. This on Linux.

Now I try to compile it on windows:
It seems I need SocketError and not fpgeterrno ( there is a thread about that some days old ).
But where do I find SOL_SOCKET for windows? using winsock did not help.
I searched for a good example using google, searched the fpc docs... there seems to be a lot of outdated information.

And now the question:
Has someone an "uses"-clause compatible with linux and windows for an app really using sockets and not only for a simple "hello socket"?

thank you
kisda