[fpc-devel] profiling on win32

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:18:34 CET 2006

Hi everybody.
Did someone manage to enable profiling on win32?
I linked with libc.a, libgmon.a, libgcc.a and libkernel32.a from cygwin but
it fails on startup.
If I start the -pg compiled program I see:

monstartup: out of memory

Then program runs without problems, and at the end I see a couple of access
violations from gprof libraries code:

      2 [main] testprogram 1316 handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    242 [main] testprogram 1316 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
testprogram.exe.stackdump

I couldn't find anything on fpc website: faqs read "Profiling is supported".
I had it working on linux but I'm not able to have it working under win32

bye,
Giulio