[fpc-devel] PR: Advocates needed

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Thu Jan 19 17:43:26 CET 2006

Op Thu, 19 Jan 2006, schreef VisionForce:

> Well that's interesting, I didn't know that. How is that so? I mean, what
> makes it less error prone? Isn't it the programmer?

An important issue is that you don't need tricks to accomplish things,
i.e. in VB as soon as you start to call handleevents (if I get the name
right) to make right program more interactive you enter hell. Pascal has
of course real threads with read thread facilities, but even then,
very few Delphi programs need to call handleevents because the VCL is so
much better than the VB UI toolkit.

Just one of the many examples....

Daniël