[fpc-devel] PR: Advocates needed

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Thu Jan 19 17:38:24 CET 2006

Op Thu, 19 Jan 2006, schreef Florian Klaempfl:

> VisionForce wrote:
> > You all may hate me after I say this, but creating software in VB or
> > VB.NET goes very, very quickly. But I guess since you're trying to
> > advocate Pascal right now, this information doesn't help you any.
>
> Well, my personal experience is, that in total Delphi/Object Pascal is still
> faster because it's less error prone.

Well, also, in VB as long as you stay on the paths M$ has set out, it goes
fast and well. This stops at the moment you are asked to program something
not on M$ path (i.e. a listbox should type instead of jump to the first
character when you press a key). Then you walk against a wall of
difficulty and often even impossibility. In Pascal there is always a
possibility and it is just as easy as other programming tasks.

Daniël