[fpc-devel] about realtime tasks

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Wed Jan 18 12:06:35 CET 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 10:30, Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:

> Its working so far, but using multiple tasks, there are some strange
> effects (exceptions,hangs).
> From the freepascal documentation:
> "Although it is not forbidden to do so, it is not recommended to use
> system-specific threading routines: ..."

As far as I understand that it means you should not do that at the
_application side_. There is a ThreadManager to abstract away these
system specifics.

> As far as I understood, I need to include the unit cthreads, which i
> have done.

Which AFAIK in turn uses the pthreads library. Which is probably not
what you want.

> When I include cthreads and (manually?) initialize the ThreadManager,
> would it be ok ?

I think you should "simply" write and install your own thread manager
based on the (native or the RT-POSIX-threads) xenomai API and link to
the xenomai library _instead_ of the libpthread.

Vinzent.