[fpc-devel] TProcess change.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Dec 11 23:18:53 CET 2006

Hello,

I've changed the TProcess.WaitOnExit return type to boolean;
A return value of True means success, a return value of False
means failure.

This is a conscious break with the old DWord return value, which
returned a highly inconsistent, system-dependent return value.
The current solution is consistently cross-platform.

I regret if this breaks any code, but you can make the code
consistent with older code if you do a

  MyRes:=Ord(WaitOnExit);

This should compile with old and new versions of FPC.
(The old return value was useless anyway)

The documentation has been adapted, but is not yet published.

Michael.