[fpc-devel] International Free Software Forum

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:44:49 CEST 2006

Hello,

I just arrived from the 7th International Free Software Forum on Porto
Alegre - Brazil.

A laboratory from the University of São Paulo, where I study, is
writing the report for the governament about the One Laptop Per Child
(olpc) project, so I (and others from my university) went there to
talk to the main developers of the project.

I talked with Jim Gettys (author of a big part of X11 and also
vice-president of the OLPC foundation) about the possible inclusion of
the Virtual Magnifying Glass on the project and he also said he was
thinking on having a vision test software as the first program to be
loaded by the computer and I will work to develop such software.

In short, I just thought you guys might want to know that there may be
some Free Pascal and some Lazarus software distributed with the One
Laptop Per Child project ;)

More info about the project here: http://www.laptop.org/

On that same forum I met some guys from Serpro, a brazilian
governamental TI enterprise, that use Lazarus a lot there and also
organize lectures about it. I will try to give a lecture about Free
Pascal / Lazarus on the next FISL.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho