[fpc-devel] Web Service Toolkit For FPC & Lazarus

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO inoussa12 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 15:22:11 CEST 2006

Hi.
My congratulations to the FPC team and Lazarus team.
I'am working on this toolkit, to add Web Service support to FPC and
Lazarus. My aim is to merge it with the FCL (LCL). The attached
archive contains all the source code and a documentation file (
OpenDocument format, I use OpenOffice 2.0 to write it ). What do you
think about it?

Overview >>
"Web Service Toolkit for FPC & Lazarus" is a web services package for
FPC and Lazarus;  "Web Service Toolkit" is meant to ease web services
consumption by FPC and Lazarus users.
"Web Service Toolkit" is made of two parts, a command line tool
"ws_helper" and a collection of support units. Given an interface
definition file( describing à web service ), "ws_helper" will create a
 FPC  unit containing a proxy implementing that interface.  At runtime
when a call targeting the web service is issued, the proxy's role is
to :

(a)marshall the call paramaters,
(b)make the call to the target web service,
(c)receive the call return and unmarshall output parameters to the caller.

Behind the scene, the proxy will take care of the SOAP plumbing details.