[fpc-devel] Naming of FPC documentation, and other documentation issues

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Fri Apr 7 07:03:44 CEST 2006

Why are there two names in use for the

  * User's Guide (used on the documentation web page)
  * User's Manual (used inside the on-line (HTML) version)

I find it confusing, and it poses a dilemma when referring to it:
How to name it in the reference?

Is there a good (and stable) way to reference (sections of) the documentation,
e.g. from the FPC Wiki or from my own web pages for teaching?

By the way, the links on <http://www.freepascal.org/docs.html> to the
PDF versions of the documentation don't work for me; actually, it is
the pub directory in <ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/> that doesn't work.

In the on-line HTML documentation WITH comments, the ligature 'fi' has
disappeared; e.g. the word 'files' appears as 'les'.  In the version
WITHOUT comments, it appears OK.  Probably caused by a bad conversion
step (from a PDF, rather than from the LaTeX source?).

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Fac. of Math. & Computing Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Eindhoven University of Technology