[fpc-devel] Warning for sqldb and fpc 2.1.1 users

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Apr 1 18:06:31 CEST 2006

Hi all,

In revision 3111 TBufDataset is almost completely rewritten. I've tested
as much as I could, but it could be that you encounter problems with
sqldb which weren't there before.

Please test if everything still works ok, and if not, tell me or submit
a bug-report.

Further I have a question: now sqldb uses a linked-list record buffer,
the RecordCount and RecNo properties are something strange.

What should I do with recordcount? I can add a counter which keep track
of the recordcount. Ie: it does inc(recordcount) if a record is
appended.

Or I can do a real count of the records, each time recordcount is
called.

And what about recno? Just define it as -1, or do a quick count to get
the current record number?

What are your thoughts on this?

JoJo,
  Joost.