[fpc-devel] {$DEFINE x := something}

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Thu Jun 30 10:25:46 CEST 2005

Gerhard Scholz wrote:
>>And also don't change the sourcecode style. If makes huge
>>diffs and applying of patches will take a lot of manual work and time.
>

> Sorry; I have a program for that upcasing/lowcasing. Next time I will
> reverse the changes before supplying.

There is a reason why the whole compiler sources are lower case: the sources are
rather complex with a lot of nested ifs etc. so we use a very high screen
resolution to edit the source. I use usually 70 lines on a 17" TFT or 19" CRT
and such high resolutions are much easier to read if everything is lower case
because it makes the  distance between lines bigger.