[fpc-devel] Extend the libraries people!

André Cipriani Bandarra andre.bandarra at ans.gov.br
Thu Jun 9 22:01:44 CEST 2005

Well..
    I had spent a lot of time thinking about how to contribute to FPC. I
thought about contributing with a string phonetizer algoritm i made, but
its works only for the portuguese language, so i thought i wouldnt be
much usefull for most of the FPC community.
    Some days ago i contributed to FPC with a stringcomparator unit
based on the Jaro, Winkler McLachlan and Lynch algorithms, known as the
best ones to compare strings, giving them a grade between 0 and 1 (0
being no similarity between them and 1 being exactly the same).
    So, here goes my questions... I had no feedback for the string
comparison unit so far... Was that a good contribution? Would it be a
good idea to contribute with the phonetic algorithm even knowing that it
works only for the portuguese language?

Cheers!
André Cipriani Bandarra