[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion

Jamie McCracken jamie-junk at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 15:22:11 CEST 2005

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I suggest you create an external preprocessor, and limit yourself to that.
>
> I don't consider your construct to be Pascal, so I will fight inclusion of it
> in the compiler, not even under some {$Mode} construct.

Well all I ask is you wait til I have written it then give it a chance.
If you still feel bad about it then we can discuss what to do then. If
it turns out that you all insist on begin..end being mandatory then i
will respect your wishes and no feelings will be hurt. I believe it will
help Pascal and breathe new life into it especially as its a dying
language. I also note there is no such thing as "Pascal" as such even
Delphi has significant syntax differences with earlier pascal variants
so I hope that's taken into account.

> The compiler is GPL, so you are free to change it, but that doesn't necessarily
> mean your changes will make it back in the compiler main sources.

If not I can always maintain a branch that does. (though I would prefer
it if it is included of course)

jamie.