[fpc-devel] type discussion

Ales Katona ales at chello.sk
Thu Jun 2 18:01:45 CEST 2005

> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=fpascal&lang2=ocaml&sort=fullcpu
>

> Here comes Pascal (FPC) vs Ocaml (hybrid functional/imperative
> language with OO). Ocaml is significantly faster although it havily
> uses GC. Ocaml code is significantly shorter too (they can be coded in
> significanly lesser amount of lines).
>
> rgds

Those tests are flawed. I just submitted some improvements to the pascal
code. Look at objects for example. The author of that benchmark forgot
to .free those classes. C++ for example uses static classes and inlines.
So that's for the "comparison".

Don't trust those benchmarks, most are just a load of bullshit.