[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Thu Jun 2 15:50:27 CEST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 13:38, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> > I'am a poor delphi programmer, didn't use it for years, but I bet
> > with any python programmer that I create any application faster
> > than him :)
>
> You must be a damn fast typer then :)

No, that's a common misunderstanding (especially amongst C-programmers).

What matters is designing und understanding the code, not writing it. I
spend less than 10% of my time at work in actually _writing_ code, so
even if someone can type in his/her code twice as fast, the maximum
(s)he would gain would be five percent in overall performance.

Vinzent.

--
public key: http://www.t-domaingrabbing.ch/publickey.asc