[fpc-devel] Important: Call for testing.

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 1 21:52:16 CET 2005

> I have noticed another incompatibility with the previous version - the
> TParser object in parser.inc can now return toWString as one of the
> possibilities; the previous version returned toString regardless, but
> offered a wide and normal version of the string. This change breaks
> lazarus on wide strings. Which should be changed?

toWString was missing, now it's more delphi compatible and you don't have
to check every character of the widestring (returned with TParser.TokenWideString) to determine if
the string is really a wide or an ansi string.
Note that now you still have a normal and wide version of the string  (TokenString / TokenWideString) but Token property can be toWString too.
So the only needed change should be in checking for toWString too when checking for toString. Ok, toWString is declared in trunk only, so you should use an ifdef for now. However it will be merged to fixes_2_2 too, so the ifdef will be only needed till 2.2.2 is released.

Giulio