[fpc-devel] Portability Standards

DrDiettrich drdiettrich at compuserve.de
Thu Jan 6 22:29:45 CET 2005

Tomas Hajny wrote:

> > I only don't know how to implement or check the other branches - is the
> > Windows version of FPC equipped for crosscompilation?
>
> The compiler itself can compile for all platforms listed in help pages

The problem is that the installed FPC doesn't show any help - no files
installed. There's something wrong with that FPC version :-(
I only could install an older verion, but AFAIR that one cannot cross
compile at all. The new version is out of reach to me, unless I get it
on a CD.

>Alternatively, you can compile with "-s" parameter, which gives you the >generated assembler code for your source files and scripts necessary to >assemble&link somewhere

That would be sufficient, I mainly need an syntax check. Best in
Lazarus, so that I can browse through the related source files...

DoDi