[fpc-devel]const sLineBreak

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Wed Sep 22 14:15:28 CEST 2004

On 22 sep 2004, at 16:07, Darek Mazur wrote:

> I can't now give an exact program, but this kind of function don't
> make any disorder or other bad things.

The main problem is that people may expect it to return the
line-endings of the text file, instead of just what you set it to be.
As such, it can cause confusion. Just like some properties of an object
can be read-only, some can be write-only as well. I also can't think of
any situation where you would want to write something different to the
file based on the set line endings.

Jonas