[fpc-devel]Proposal for audo-destructors

Yakov Sudeikin yashka at exebook.com
Sun Sep 19 20:37:44 CEST 2004

>I would really appreciate some comments on my question about patches
>that would implement "optional", "unofficial" or "pluggable" features.
>I would like very much to be able to build extensions for particular
>idioms. I understand that not everybody will like this possibility.
>The question is if core developers would dislike it so much as to
>prefer to keep it off the official code.

You can just take the source code and do what you want with it and release it as AragonPascal or whatever. I already know somebody does it, try looking in google for "elaya" compiler. It is based on FPC sources as well and proposes a lot of great idioms. Although if FPC team would understand that there are plenty of people who are interested in FPC not because it's free and multiplatform, but because it allows new language features - maybe something can be done about it, at least the preprocessing interface or something. For instance I would like to use russian characters as identificator names, someone wants macros and templates, someone something else...

Yash