[fpc-devel]Quick start instructions don't work for Linux platform.

Karel Kulhavý clock at twibright.com
Wed Sep 15 14:55:17 CEST 2004

Hello

I have downloaded free pascal compiler source code tree and tried to find
out some README that would describe how to compile and install.

The toplevel doesn't contain any README which is unusual in Unix world.
However I changed to doc/ and started to read readme.txt

I have been told to download dos1010.zip, w321010.zip or os21010.zip for DOS,
Windows or OS/2. I have Linux so that user instruction parsing failed at this
point.

Also it follows with running INSTALL.EXE which is not possible on Linux system.

I think this is a bug of the readme.txt.

Cl<