[fpc-devel]UnixUtil.FNMatch bug

Michalis Kamburelis michalis at camelot.homedns.org
Thu May 6 05:00:11 CEST 2004

Hi

I found some bugs in UnixUtil.FNMatch function. In short, patterns like
'*~' matched anything (instead of matching only filenames ending with
'~'). I'm attaching patch "unixutil.patch" that fixes these issues. I'm
also attaching a test program, "fnmatch_test.pas", so you can see that
these bugs really occur and this patch really fixes them. You may want
to include this test program somewhere in FPC tests/ dir (tests/test/
?). This test program is heavily commented, hopefully it explains
exactly what bugs were present in FNMatch implementation and why it's OK
now.

Note to FPC 1.0.10 users: you can use this patch to fix these issues for
FPC 1.0.10 too. You have to apply this to rtl/unix/linux.pp file. Oh,
and the test program is usable under FPC 1.0.10 too.

Regards,
Michalis