[fpc-devel]Problem with 1.9.4/Linux

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 6 13:28:27 CEST 2004

> After the announcement I downloaded fpc 1.9.4 for Linux.
> Compiling the following very simple source I find some problems:
> First it complains that NameStr, DirStr and ExtStr are unknown types.
> When I change them to string it complains that FSplit doesn't exist.

The unix rtl has been thoroughly reworked. The identifiers you are
refering to are probably in unit unix now.

You shouldn't be using these routines anyway, but use similar routines in
sysutils that use ansistring and don't have 255 char limits.

The routines are only in linux because they are needed for legacy unit dos.