[fpc-devel]fpc and ppc386

Christopher Kirkpatrick chris.kirkpatrick at doctors.org.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:41:55 CET 2004

I have compiled cvs from the latest CVS in SuSE linux v 9.0.  When I
type the command fpc i get the response
Error:  /usr/local/bin/ppc386 cannot be executed

However ppc386 is present in the same directory as fpc, with the same
date and time stamp and the same date and time stamp as the file in
~/FreePascal/fpc/compiler.  The file marked fpc is considerably smaller
than ppc386
The file ppc386 (in either location) executes perfectly correctly as the
freepascal compiler, so what is the matter with my fpc command?
(Incidentally, the compiler functions correctly from lazarus compiled
from the most recent cvs).

I could probably live with invoking ppc486 instaed of fpc, but it is an
annoyance.
--
Christopher Kirkpatrick <chris.kirkpatrick at doctors.org.uk>