[fpc-devel]Re: CVS compilation problems.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jul 16 01:03:30 CEST 2003

> >> The compiler builds here too, but only the RTL compilation fails.
> >> I tried with your compiler now, and the result is the same.
> > Could you build with -va and post the result somewhere, or mail it to me?
>
> Since it's not too big, i attached here.
>
> This is the result, when i give out make OPT=-va from /rtl/linux.
> The compiler i used this time was the one from the URL in your
> previous mail.

> The Linux i use is a DebianPPC 3.0r1, on a 604e/200 PowerMac8500,
> with kernel 2.4.21-ben2, but i don't think this makes any sense.

It's indeed an odd case, and not what I expected. The problem seems to
be in the partialy path expansion, which could also explain why it worked
in my case and not in your case (differences in dir structure, symlinks or
random garbadge in "empty" direntries).

Handling option "-Fi../inc"
interpreting option "-Fi../inc"
Hint: Path "/inc/" not found
Handling option "-Fi../powerpc"
interpreting option "-Fi../powerpc"
Hint: Path "/powerpc/" not found
Handling option "-Fi../unix"
interpreting option "-Fi../unix"
Hint: Path "/unix/" not found
Handling option "-Fipowerpc"
interpreting option "-Fipowerpc"
Hint: Path "/powerpc/" not found

If it where my machine, my next step would be to look at the syscalls
(strace) to see if I could find something strange there.
Anyway, in both cases it involves single stepping the compiler.
(probably putting a breakpoint in sysunix.inc, and stepping from there)

Afaik that binary from me _had_ debugging info, so you could do that. (but
I don't know if you have done that before?)