[fpc-devel]raise's exceptaddr

Aleksey V. Vaneev picoder at sbis.komi.ru
Fri May 17 16:19:54 CEST 2002

Hello,

> But what when you have:
>
> case value of
>   1 :
>    ansistring operation
>   2 :
>    ansistring operation
>   3 :
>    ansistring operation
>   else
>    shortstring operation
> end;
>
> Then with having the exceptionframe around the smallest possible ansistring operation it
> will generate the code 3 times.

I'm not talking about such cases. I meant only RAISE statement,
because its usage denotes an exceptional program's behaviour that
is generally rare. And BTW, "case" example you've mentioned if you
apply strategy I've proposed will be slow only in loops.

Anyways, I think there is some research needed in this field -
optimising stackframes insertion will obviously give a general speedup.

But anyways, "raise" optimisation could be very useful. (in fact, I'm
forced to use doraise; procs now, but this is VERY unpleasant).

Best regards,
 Aleksey                          mailto:picoder at sbis.komi.ru