[fpc-devel]TDataModul

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Sat Dec 28 17:01:34 CET 2002

Michael.VanCanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

> Personally, I don't understand why it should be in classes at all
> except maybe for some action stuff, but if Delphi puts it there, then I
> guess we'll have to do it too for compatibility's sake.

TDataModule is a non-visual class, just a container for components (as
you know anyway). So I think it's quite logical to put it into classes.pp

BTW, we have another problem: InitInheritedComponent. Currently it is
not implemented in the FCL; fpGUI and fpWeb have their own
implementation, but we urgently need a common (and portable)
implementation for this function. Perhaps we should add a callback
function which is responsible for reading components from a stream. (see
fpgui.pp for an example, what has to be done. Basically: What extensions
should the files have, and where should they be located. fpGUI actually
uses the folders unit; perhaps we should finally add this to the FCL?)

- Sebastian